BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION GUIDE
If you are reading The Things We Tell Ourselves for your book club, thank you. I know there are so many great books to choose from, so I am grateful that you took the time to read mine. Here are some questions that may be helpful for your discussion (wine is also helpful):
1. How would you characterize the relationship between Georgina and Simon? Did their relationship change your views on infidelity in any way?
2 . What does the title, The Things We Tell Ourselves, mean to you?
3. There's a lot that the main characters are keeping to themselves, whether it's the affair or the found photos. What do you wish they had shared with one another?
4. The novel says a lot about the influence our parents have on us. What damage did Georgina's parents do to her, even if it was unconscious?
5. Technology is a prominent theme throughout. How do you think technology is helping or hurting us when it comes to personal relationships?
6. How did you feel about the ending of the novel? Did you feel closure?